philippe_44 wrote:

> I've tried and the problem is because I'm not getting a duration (it's
> 0) and so because it's a remote stream (although repeating, I missed it
> initially), then I cannot decide properly what to do when the stream
> ends. It's a bit complicated to explain, but to signal LMS that the
> bridge is ready to receive the next track, I need
>
> - streaming to be finished
> - decoding to be finished
> - all data to be sent to the UPnP player
>
> In addition, when a track is remote, I need to wait to be "close" to the
> end (like 15s) before informing LMS that we are ready for track N°1.
>
> That's because some UPnP players have very large buffers, so there can
> be a large period between receiving last byte of track N and querying
> track N+1. So if I tell LMS that I'm ready as soon as player has
> accepted everything, LMS will grab the next track from the streaming
> service, fill its buffers and... wait till the UPnP player request for
> that N+1 track. That wait can be so long that services like Deezer think
> the HTTP connection is stalled and close it.
>
> So, long story short, I need the duration to tell LMS to send me the
> next track "not too early" ... the joy of bridges :)
>
> I have a workaround to ignore that 15s mechansim with a repeating stream
> when duration is 0 but that's really not pretty. It would be much
> cleaner if you could have the duration *before* you start streaming the
> next stream item.

Many thanks for the explanation.
As this is live radio with each programme as a track, when the stream is
started on the first track, its would be very tricky to set the duration
before the track started,  as it is starting at the current live point,
so it does that once the stream is up and going and it has all the
information about what point it is in the current live programme.
However, it's much easier for the subsequent follow on tracks.   Which I
think is what you need :) .   I'll make that change and sent out a
release.

EXPECTINGTOFLY PLUGINS :

- *BBC Sounds* :
  https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin