mherger wrote:
> > The request to add a choice of album or track gain has been added to
> > librespot as detailed here
> > https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/pull/573#ref-commit-71acb79
> > Would it be easy to update Spotty to include this?
>
> I don't know/doubt it. First of all I'll have to catch up with recent
> librespot development - which unfortunately is a major task for me, as
> I'm no really fluent in Rust. Second: I don't know what that option
> really does. When using Spotty all tracks are played as single tracks
> from the POV of Spotify. They would tell us what track to play, and then
>
> it's up to Spotty to request that track. Therefore I doubt we'll be able
>
> to do anything useful here :-(. But TBH: I first have to understand how
> that option works.At the moment Spotty (librespot) volume normalisation is
> purely track
gain which makes it generally useless when playing albums. This just
allows the user to specify album gain be used instead. So even if tracks
are served up as single tracks album gain can be used. I have my
replaygain settings set like this as for me it works better than smart
gain. I assume you just need a tick box to choose track gain or album
gain.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk