I had to install rust. That was a pain. I installed librespot on my
laptop and ran the commands for track gain and album gain and played the
last two tracks from Pink Floyd - The Wall.

The problem for Spotty will likely be that I'd have to know for each track whether it should be using album gain or track gain. There is logic to define this in LMS, but I'm not sure it's accessible to Spotty at the moment where it would need it. And in Connect mode it would fail anyway, as we only ever have information about one track, but not about the context (not in all cases). I'm not sure this is going to be possible.