Dear Ralphy and Michael,

thanks a lot for this effort! I updated now 5 Radios and one touch with
the latest community firmware (8.0.1-r16844) and update the LMS to
v8.1.1 - 1610364019.
I encountered some issues I wanted to share, and I cannot tell if this
is LMS or firmware. Probably this is a user error as well...

1. Wifi connectivity
I updated, hoping that the radios wont drop Wifi that often. In my case
there was no change, it even felt worse. The Wifi network icon becomes
"blue" and no connectivity is given.
BUT I can go to the menu section and select under debug "repair network
connection" and it works again - at least no reboot is required as
prior.
-> Is there a way to detect missing Wifi connectivity and then initiate
the repair network actions automatically?

I have one radio, which is about 3m distance to the router and reports
100% signal strength. This is now constantly dropping from Wifi.
Previously (before the update), it was stable in terms of dropping out
once or twice per year, now it is on daily basis or more often... I dont
think it is connected to the firmware update - at least I cannot believe
this.
-> I couldnt find a suitable solution by now. Any hint is welcome.

2. Responsiveness
When changing songs in e.g. a playlist (I have a playlist, which is
being played back, and I am simply selecting another song out of that
list to be played back), it takes multiple seconds (I would say >4-5s)
to make that change happen.
Under LMS 7.9 this was nearly instant - or at least felt like this :-)

3. Random playback doesnt work anymore
When using LMS, I can use repeat all, repeat 1 song and no repeat. But
random playback cannot be selected. The icon doesnt change.
I used the LMS web interface, but also iPeng.
I assume that this is more LMS @mherger - any comment/idea?

Thanks for the great work!!!!

André

--
LMS auf einem QNAP TS-653B in einem Debian Docker-Container
Versionsnummer: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1571226194 @ Wed