SumnerBoy;208123 Wrote:
> Here is the log using your latest beta15 code. I also turned on the
> plugin debugging. Note I removed a whole load of extra text from the
> log from the weather screensaver which was outputting the icon in
> '*'s.
>
> Looks to me like there is some sort of loop in there which is
> unwravelling perhaps? This would explain why the delay gets longer, the
> longer I leave the unit off.
>
> Each iteration of the loop is reinitialising the screen savers or
> something, and that is introducing a delay.

Thanks for the debugging text. It looks to me like odd behavior by
Slimserver itself. I would expect Slimserver to keep track of what
screensaver is displaying, and, when the player mode changes such that
the screensaver should exit or when the user changes the screensaver
preference so that Slimserver should switch from one saver to another,
Slimserver should call the "leave" function of the current saver before
switching modes or calling the new screensaver's "set" routine.

But it looks like Slimserver is maintaining a list of all the
screensavers that were started when your player was off, in order.
Instead of tracking a single variable
$leaveCoderefForCurrentSaver{$client}, Slimserver appears to be pushing
"leave" coderefs into an array/list. And when your player mode changes
from off to on, Slimserver appears to be calling the "leave" function
*not* just for the current screensaver, but for every screensaver in
that list, in order. If the list is just an alternation of RSS and
WeatherTime for dozens or hundreds of iterations, then Slimserver seems
to be tied up running "leave" functions hundreds of times. This is
something I've never noticed, but I have a single saver listed for off
mode and only occasionally use the SaverSwitcher button control to
manually switch to another, so I'd never have such a large array of
"leave" routines when turning a player on.

What version/release of Slimserver are you using?

When the player is turned off and switching between savers, do you see
"RSS: Left screensaver mode" messages about the same time that the
display changes from RSS to WeatherTime?

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock