madpatrick wrote:
> I'm using on my Denon not the dB scale, but the 0-98 scale.
> So the 27 is then i think 27% and -53db ?
>
> I understand the 100% fixed outpout, but somhow i want also control the
> volume a little bit with LMS.
> Therefor i try to achieve a level of 80% of LMS to tweak the volume a
> little bit remotly.  If i want to get volume very high i will walk to
> the Amp to control the volume.
>
> My question is maybe not clear explained by me.
> The question was if it is possible to change the maximum volume field in
> to % instead of the dB scale ?
> This will not change the functionality of the setting, but makes it
> easier to setup or control. Maybe not so easy to change :rolleyes:
>
> Again, i appreciate your effort for this plugin very much !

So under the covers the Denon is using a 0-99 scale too. But this
setting in the plugin tells us how far up that scale we can go. For
example if you selected 0 as your maximum then the Denon will reject any
volume command smaller (more volume).

Here is the scale: :00 to 99 , 80=0dB, 99=---(MIN)

So the settings in the plugin does not change anything in the Denon or
LMS player, it just lets us know how big of a volume your Denon is
willing to accept. So we use this to set the range of the LMS player so
100% of the player equals the largest level your Denon will accept.  You
can actually enter a lower value than what you set in the Denon and we
would therefore never reach that level of volume. But if you went the
other way then any level in the LMS player that would exceed the Denon's
setting would be rejected. In essence that would mean a great deal of
the range of your LMS players volume adjustment would not be used and
the rest would cause a larger change than is ideal.

Anyway a bit confusing, but the good news is that once you figure out
the formula you only need to enter it one time, unless you change this
value on your Denon.

Originally I did not think there was a way to ask the Denon for this
setting as there are no commands to do so. But in preparing for the 4.2
ability to adjust the channel volumes it turns out the Denon gives me
back this setting as a bonus.  So it is highly probable I will be
removing this setting in the plugin in the future. Stand by.

Chris