as promised ...

a) Open Slimserver (eg by right clicking on the SlimServer icon on the
Windows Toolbar on the PC running Slim Server)
b) Select Server Settings
c) Select Plugins
d) Scroll to the section for Windows Shutdown (likely to be close to
the bottom)

You should see 4 options (looking something like this):

WINDOWS SHUTDOWN

Allows the PC running Slimserver to be shutdown remotely

Remote Shutdown         On
Shutdown Timeout        60
Keep Awake From (O'Clock) 6
Keep Awake To (O'Clock)  24

If Remote Shutdown is set to Off then the plugin behaves the way you
describe.  Try changing to On and Clicking the Change button and
retrying from your Squeezebox.

This should work but if it doesn't then I'll need you to enable the
plugin debug trace so I can try to figure out what is wrong.

To clarify the main functionality:

a) Suspend PC => will hibernate the PC by running the PowrProf DLL in
the way you want.
b) Start Shutdown => will initiate a Windows System Shutdown.  You can
stop this by selecting 'Abort Shutdown' within the number of seconds
indicated by the 'Shutdown Timeout' (or by cancelling it from the PC
itself).

I hope this helps.

Phil

--