mherger wrote:
> > Perhaps my old NAS is off support?  Spotty was working prior to the
> > upgrade of the QPKG to 2.1 (which included Spotty 4.5.3)
>
> Oh, it did work before an OS update? What might have happened is that
> some dependency (glibc) or something changed in the OS. But these
> libraries usually get newer version, which would be backwards
> compatible.
>
> Have you ever tried running the spotty-custom binary (see the Spotty
> settings for the full path) manually?
>
> You might want considering a Pi with picoreplayer.org. It would be much
>
> faster running LMS than your NAS, and it's well supported...

Yeah...might be the right time to finally move the LMS to a Pi, I have
thought of that for some time but it seems very "tinker'ey" for me and
might be beyond my tech-ability.

As for the upgrade, it was the LMS upgrade, which is packaged as a QNAP
Package, that was upgraded to 8.2 , not an OS upgrade.  I tried to
downgrade to the previous QPKG but when it starts it checks for a new
version and downloads it... :).

I will if I can run the spotty-custom binary.