I have been a long time user of squeeze ctrl, and just added SB Player,
specifically for occasional ear bud listening on my android phone, works
great, thank you.

I am wondering the best settings, and on which app, to integrate the
two? I looked for a SB Player support thread using the forum search and
couldn't find one....The goal is to create a "launch when needed, kill
when not" scenario for SB Player.

I also don't understand when the apps are running, foreground,
background, and when they are not, the same is true to android in
general i guess....

Anyhow, what I would like to do is this. I would like to launch SB
Player when I open Squeeze Ctrl. I would like to "close" SB Player when
Squeeze Ctrl is "closed". But, having said that, if I use the squeeze
ctrl widget, when does it actually stop running?

In essence, would like to use Squeezectrl as a "power switch" for SB
Player. That is, I won't see SB Player listed as a "player" on any of my
LMS UI players list, unless I launch Squeeze ctrl. I am not going to use
SB Player as frequently as my other players, so I would like it to
"disappear" when not specifically in use (if I am using another UI, like
Material). I think we all have inadvertently started a "player" in a
different room, and I don't want to mistakenly start music playing in my
pocket or another room :)

does this make sense?

Jim