philippe_44 wrote:
> Well, I'll see if I can give a try to volumio but for Moode, have you
> tried to change the Resource Allocation/Audio Buffer Size to 16MB for
> example instead of 4MB? It will allow Moode to request the next track
> much earlier which might be enough, as I think this is a timing issue.

Right... I've just wasted 3 hours of my life that I'll never get back
with Moode. I'm sincerely sure this is a good packaging that puts
together well-known solutions like mpd and upmpdcli but on the Pi3 I've
used it's a randoness joke. Sometimes it works, sometime sit does not.
It becomes unresponsive for seconds and seconds, which explains why
"next track" are missed sometimes. Reboot it a few times and it works.
I've used in parallel a Sonos, foobar2k and a Marantz AV so make sure I
was not going crazy.

Volume (hardware) becomes unresponsive, it does not respond to UPnP stop
request and so on. I've wireshark'd exchanges to make sure and I've
tried DeviceSpy as well to send some UPnP commands with same result: it
seems that very easily it turns into a UPnP sinkhole.

I have no real idea what's going on, it feels like when sending UPnP
commands too "often" (like 2/sec) it's overloaded.

So, I'm sorry but I won't continue to try that route. The silverline is
that when doing more searches I identified an unrelated ancien bug in my
plugin that I'll correct

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3