Paul Webster wrote:
> Here is an odd report that I cannot provide much detail for.
>
> I have been helping to update a remote LMS.
> However, it always stopped a minute or so after trying to startup (this
> is a pCP 8 installation - with LMS 8.2 originally when problem started
> and now LMS 8.3).
>
> I tried running it interactively and saw that it was failing with
> "illegal instruction" but nothing else very useful in the log.
>
> To get things back and while working from remote with a complicated
> networking setup ... I used pCP web interface to remove the LMS cache.
>
> Restarted LMS and got the basics working again - and then installed the
> right plugins for that LMS installation.
>
> ... bang ... illegal instruction on LMS restarting.
>
> I then removed the InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RaopBridge folder completely
> and now LMS starts OK.
>
> This installation is on a old Raspberry Pi 1
>
> I could not investigate a lot more because the remote users want their
> LMS back running and I have left it rebuilding the music library.
>
> However, is it possible that one of the binaries in RaopBridge could
> fail (wrong architecture?) and bring down LMS (because it is a binary
> rather than Perl)?
>
> Maybe if someone else reports LMS not startup up properly after
> installing AirPlay bridge 0.4.62.1 on an old Pi (or maybe a Pi Zero)
> this might help confirm an issue.

Pi 0 & 1 have this funny instruction set where one instruction is
missing (and require a special debian). I know for a fact that my
binaries fail on such old Broadcomm chipset, now I'm surprised it does
bring down LMS. There is a watchdog in the Perl part of the plugin start
restarts the binary helper when it crashes, so that will happen all the
time, but the watchdog is a 30s timer, so it cannot bring LMS down by
eating all CPU.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3