jeroen2 wrote:
> There's a fairly large community of people here who use Pi's with
> Squeezelite and LMS.Just so that I understand.  You are using the Pi as a
> digital streamer
which outputs via S/PDIF to some expensive DAC?  I was thinking to keep
my SB3 as just such a digital streamer into the NAD - but frankly felt a
bit stupid.  The display of my SB3 after 10 years is totally sh*gged
anyway and the NAD has a beautiful modern colour display.  So when I
drive the NAD via the AirBridge, I get to see some beautiful cover art
on the front of the NAD.  (It is actually quite delightful that LMS will
display cover jpegs which Blue will not touch for some reason.)  It all
works well enough, just that somehow the handshake back from the NAD
isn't recognized by the AirBridge.   It is odd that Apple felt the need
to change the protocol in this particular area.  (Mind, the volume
control of AP1 appears to have presented Philippe with a fair amount of
grief.  So something was apparently awry in AP1 and may now have been
sorted in AP2.)