Maybe I was thinking incorrectly ... so re-reading ...
> "It works great, for the most part. However, there is one issue. If I do
> something like "resume living room music", rhasspy will detect that and
> try to continue playback on the relevant player. However, it will also
> send a "request recognized" sound to the squeezebox using aforementioned
> rhasspy plugin that uses this LMS plugin.
>
> This will end up in a race condition where the announce sound is what's
> happening while the play command comes in and so nothing really happens.
> The notification sound finishes playing and after that, the music still
> won't play."

Instead of issuing the resume why not insert the "request recognized"
sound as the first item in the playlist and shuffle everything else down
by one ... and then issue the resume?

Paul Webster
http://dabdig.blogspot.com
author of \"now playing\" plugins covering radio france (fip etc),
planetradio (bauer - kiss, absolute, scala, jazzfm etc), kcrw, supla
finland, abc australia, cbc/radio-canada and rte ireland
and, via the extra \"radio now playing\" plugin, allzic radio, caroline
flashback, cesky rozhlas, frequence3, jukeradio, klassikradio.de, linn
radio, mother earth, naim radio, nova.fr, radioblues flac, radio espace,
somehow jazz