martingr wrote:

> ad Dynamic PLaylist:
> OK, as an idea: one workoround might be to add the announcement mp3 to
> the playlist (play as next title) and go to the next title (which is the
> announcement itself). The playlist will continue then after the
> announcement with the next Diynamic Playlist entry (without switching to
> static playlist mode). I've tested this (manually) - seems to work also
> if there is no current playlist. (... but would be a problem if current
> playlist has been paused, after the announcement the existing playlist
> will continue...)

That's going to fail for a lot of cases (e.g. streaming)

> ad TTS description on your homepage - how to for piCorePlayer:
> piCorePlayer is based on http://tinycorelinux.net/, very small
> distribution w/o the common tools like "apt". It's not too easy to
> install additional software...
> I'm wondering whether I could install one of the TTS service described
> on your homepage on a separate Raspberry PI (with raspbian 4.19) and
> somehow (?) call the TTS service from your plugin?

Simplest way would be using ssh.
Here's a script to use in a TTS profile:

Code:
--------------------

  #!/bin/bash

  while getopts "o:t:" opt; do
  case $opt in
  o)
  DESTFILE="$OPTARG"
  ;;
  t)
  TEXT="$OPTARG"
  ;;
  esac
  done
  ssh user@otherraspi "/usr/bin/mimic -o /dev/stdout -voice slt -t \"$TEXT\"" >
"${DESTFILE}"

For a http-based approach, 'webhook' (https://github.com/adnanh/webhook)
should work if you have curl/wget available on piCorePlayer

'Various SW' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/sw/): Web Interface | Text
Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar
Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer |
Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
'Various HowTos' (https://www.nexus0.net/pub/documents/LMS/): build a
self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...