staresy wrote:
> After trying this for a while Alexa does indeed return whatever is set
> in line 1 of the meta data. However, it returns "This is 'line 1 data'
> on a remote stream"
>
> Is it possible to make it say "This is 'line 1 data' on 'station name'"?
>
> If I leave line 1 data blank it does return station name, but the
> response is "This is 'station name' on a remote stream".
>
> If remote stream could be replaced with "station name" that would allow
> line 1 to contain the track/title data and the response would be along
> the lines of "This is 'In Our Times' on 'Radio 4 Live'" for example.
>
> Does that make sense, is it possible?

>From the discussion on the other thread, I understand that the Alexa
skill is using 'remote_title' to report the 'on a..' bit.
Looking at the LMS code its a complicated subject as to what is put in
'remote_title'.  From what I can tell it, is basically the following :
If its remote and it doesn't have a duration, and there is a track title
but not an album in the meta data, then it will return the current title
(what's in line 1).     BBC Sounds streams always have a duration, and
it populates the album tag and also all you would get would be a repeat
of the title (line 1) anyway.  So, basically, I think the answer is no,
you would never get a remote_title for BBC Sounds streams.

Based on that, it may be a discussion for the Alexa Skill.

Stuart McLean

EXPECTINGTOFLY PLUGINS :

- *BBC Sounds* :
  https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin
- *Virgin Radio (UK)* :
  https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_Virgin_Radio_Plugin
- *Times Radio* :
  https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_TIMES_RADIO_PLUGIN
- *Global Player (UK)* :
  https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_GlobalPlayer_Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the 'BBC Sounds Wiki'
(https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin/wiki).