kiwibrucie wrote:
> Hey Wayne,
>
> My pixel 3a just upgraded to Android 12 and I now cannot use volume ctl
> rocker switch with squeeze ctl app whether in foreground or background.
>
> Searching on line apparently Google have disabled use of hardware
> control of apps with the device rocker buttons on Android 12 due to some
> legal dispute with Sonos.
>
> This completely screws up my use of the app for everyday purposes.
>
> Do you have any idea whether this is going to be a transient issue or a
> long term problem?
>
> Any info would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Bruce.

I thought it was just going to be disabled for Chromecast, but I guess
Google did it the quick and dirty way and disabled the whole framework.
I have no idea how this will play out, you'll have to ask Google, but my
guess is they'll either settle with Sonos (ie. pay them off) or rework
the system to just disable it for Chromecast.