garym wrote:
> And note that simply plugging in ethernet does not automatically switch
> the radio to ethernet. You need to go into the "networking" menu on the
> Radio.

Dear Paul, dear Gary,

Thank you very much for your response! It was the network connection!!
Checking for networks with a wifi Analyzer app, I got somehow shocked,
as there were 25-30 overlapping access point in my tiny neighbourhood (3
years ago about 10). Interfearing channels were the issue.
Unfortunatelly the radio does not provide 5ghz, so ethernet was the way
to go.
Thank you again for getting me on the right rack - you saved my day and
probably christmas as well :-)

Regards,
Martin