AndyTwizzle wrote:
> Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to request changes to Dynamic
> Playlists. If not, apologies - and can someone advise me on where/how to
> make a change request please?
>
> In Logitech Media Server's web interface (and also the Squeeze Ctrl
> Android app), the list of my Static Playlists and Favourites appears in
> a jumbled, seemingly random order - making it hard to quickly locate the
> one I'm after.  I think the other playlist options
> (Artists/Songs/Albums, etc.) also don't appear in alphabetical order.
> I've included a couple of screenshots to illustrate.
>
> Can I request that in the next plugin update, this is changed to
> alphabetical please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy
Hi Andy. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I could have sworn I
had some alphabetical sorting (probably in some unreleased version
though). It went undetected for so long because I don't use static
playlists with DPL3 at all.

In general dynamic playlists will always be listed in this order: 1.
built-in  2. custom/user-provided 3. provided by other plugins. Within
the last 2 groups they should be listed in alphabetical order.
*Built-in* dynamic playlists are listed in a '*content-based*' order
created by me. For example, I try to group dynamic playlists together
that are about ratings, play count or genre/decade selection. This is
unlikely to change. Don't forget you can always put your custom
-dynamic- playlists in a custom playlist group just by adding the
corresponding parameter (see wiki). Static playlists will be ordered
alphabetically.
I'll update the FAQ.

So I've made some changes and uploaded them to the GitHub repo. If you
know how to install the latest GitHub version of this plugin (manually)
I'd appreciate you taking a look. Thanks.

*Plugin repositories:* 'Ratings Light'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-ratingslight) •••• 'Visual Statistics'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-visualstatistics) •••• 'Use Comment Tag
Info' (https://github.com/AF-1/lms-usecommenttaginfo) •••• 'Dynamic