mherger wrote:
> > You could have fooled me, understood. Sorry to be persistent, but I
> was
> > trying to resolve since 12/25 and there were "crickets" (not the
> sport,
> > bug noise) :)
> >
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111370-Tidal-stutter-using-LMS&p=1041298&viewfull=1#post1041298
>
> Oops... sorry... I'm currently a bit busy - in between vacations :-).
>
> > I was familiar with persistent mode as a successor to reliable (for
> > podcasts), but are you suggesting that this should address Tidal
> stutter
> > on only a receiver, rather than the transcoding via LMS as suggested
> > earlier?
>
> Yes, I think so. There's no direct streaming anyway, as the players
> don't support https.

Isn’t that rather the issue with high compression rate of flac that does
not work well with SB3, diet and Boom? We added a “forced transcode”
option that plugins could set, but AFAIR, we activated it in Deezer
only. I might be wrong, but isn’t tidal doing flac as well now ?

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3