cpd73 wrote:
> Well, you are using only Musly for similarity, and nothing has changed
> on that front. Musly *only* analyses a portion of the file - by default
> the middle 2 minutes (starting no later than 3m30 seconds) of a track.
> The mixer gets a certain amount of similar tracks per seed, orders by
> similarity, then takes a random selection from a sub-set.
>
> Previously the Essentia 'loudness' attribute could be used for
> filtering. But when I read more about what this is, I discovered its not
> loundess but dynamic range. Therefore, I remove the ability to filter on
> that. So, with your current Musly + low-level Essentia, you can only
> filter on BPM range and key.
>
> Perhaps if you could install WSL you could try using bliss instead of
> musly?

I'm using Musly and Essentia - just not with the high-level attributes.

I do like the idea of giving Bliss a go though, so I will look into
what's required to hook the Windows component with the WSL analysis to
make that work when I have some time.

I've a definite case of FOMO at the moment with the current setup. ;)
Although, I'm still very much appreciative of the mixes I get right now.