chill wrote:
> The scan completed after 1hr43m, with no errors.  While it was running
> it was using about 2.5% CPU and 12 threads.
>
> I've just restarted it with the path set specifically to that 'Lossy'
> folder, and it's started up with ~500% CPU and ~30 threads, so clearly
> it's going to complete faster.  I wonder if it's something to do with
> the way the tasks are split between the available cores.  Does the core
> allocation happen before the folders are skipped due to .notmusic, or
> afterwards?  If before, and all the allocated folders on some cores turn
> out to be skipped, that would explain why it's using fewer resources and
> running slower.

No. The code builds 1 list of all tracks to be analysed - the .notmusic
prevents files within those folders from being added to this list. This
is then split between cores.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.