mctr wrote:
> I'm back trying this out again to see if we can figure out my issues.
> The volume issue I had previously seems to be sorted out which is great
> (switching to 100% randomly). Right now my issues are:
>
> Plugin doesn't initiate Quick Select setting
> Plugin will turn off the AVR no matter what input is selected
>
> My system is
>
> Marantz NR1605
> Pi 3 running squeezelite under moode
> Web UI running Material Skin
>
> Here's a log file where I power ON avr, play something, and then power
> OFF. Note AVR never switched off TV input which it was set to before and
> powers it off as well while on TV input.

Welcome back to the forum. The volume at 100% issue was fixed in the
latest version by detecting and ignoring client volume requests of '100'
when running the player in fixed output volume (100%) mode. There is
actually only one problem shown in the log, which is that the Quick
Select command sent to the AVR during player power on processing is
apparently not completing successfully. The 'MSQUICK1' command times out
after 5 seconds. The plugin handles this timeout condition by assuming
that the command was nevertheless successful (an assumption that has
proven to be reliable in all other cases thus far), proceeding to query
the AVR volume level ('MV?') and input source ('SI?') and using them to
synchronize the client player volume and store the AVR input source
associated with the player, respectively. In this case, the 'SI?'
command returned a value of 'TV'. Therefore, the plugin stores 'TV' as
the AVR input used by the SB player. Then, when the player is powered
off, the current AVR input is compared to this value and, if they are
the same (which they are in this case), it powers the AVR off. So, the
problem would seem to be either 1) the AVR is not correctly executing
the 'MSQUICK1' command or, 2) it is executing it but the Quick Select 1
command has been saved incorrectly (i.e. with an input of 'TV' instead
of the input associated with the SB (squeezelite) player).

So, a few questions:

1. Which AVR input is the squeezlite player connected to? Is that input
HDMI, digital, or analog?
2. How is the Quick Select 1 (Smart Select 1) command defined in the
AVR? (i.e. input source and volume)
3. After you turn the SB player on and begin to play music, do you hear
it from the AVR speakers?  You don't mention that.
4. If you initiate the Smart Select 1 command via the AVR remote, what
happens? Does it correctly set the desired input source?

It could be a protocol difference unique to Marantz AVR's. However, I
would expect other commands in addition to 'MSQUICKn' to have problems
too.

Once it is certain that the Smart Select 1 is defined correctly and
works via the remote (setting the correct input), we can test further by
using a generic TCP client app.

Sam