SlimChances wrote:
> I have created a favourite and as the FAQ section explains it will
> survive a rescan but a scan/clear library will not  work if the DPL
> favourite has for example specific genres delimited. While I see the
> favourite listed it no longer functions after a rescan/clear library and
> I am not sure how I go about editing it as I don't know where the sql
> file is. It is not in the DPL-custom-lists folder anywhere. It is an old
> habit I guess but I always do a scan/clear library as I have found a
> scan will not list my MusicIp files correctly
Hi. LMS provides the favorites framework and stores favs in a file
called -favorites.opml-. But there's no need to edit them in that file,
you can do so in the default skin: click the edit button next to
Favorites and then again next to the fav you want to edit. Favorites
saved by DPL3 basically follow the same pattern as the URLs you know,
just a different protocol at the beginning: -dynamicplaylist://- instead
of -http://-, followed by the dynamicplaylistid (part of which is the
filename) + parameters, if applicable.

Rescanning only invalidates favs if a dynamic playlist contains certain
-user-input- parameters, i.e. it asks you for input (e.g. select genres)
-when you start- the dynamic playlist. And that applies only to input
parameters like artist/contributor IDs, album IDs, genre IDs playlist
IDs. The fav url does not contain the name of artists, albums or genres
but their database IDs. Otherwise you could end up with a monstrously
long url and run into encoding problems. So the easiest and quickest way
to restore such a fav is to -delete and readd- it.

If your dynamic playlist does -not- contain user-input parameters, check
if it is listed in DPL3's menu. Maybe you changed the filename? Or it
has the wrong file extension (see the post before yours)? Should be
filename*.sql*
I hope that was helpful. Good luck.

'Ratings Light FAQ' (https://github.com/AF-1/lms-ratingslight) ••••
'Dynamic Playlists 3 FAQ'