AF1 wrote:
> Regression? That's a bit annoying, especially considering that adding
> dynamic playlists *with* (user-input) parameters to favs *wasn't even
> possible* with Erland's DPL. Yes, it's always been possible to add
> dynamic playlists *without* user-input parameters to favs, i.e. dynamic
> playlists that *don't* ask questions when you start them. And of course,
> these favs wouldn't be affected by any rescan because their urls contain
> no user-input parameters. And that hasn't changed with DPL3, not one
> bit. Adding dynamic playlists *with* (user-input) parameters to favs was
> an experimental feature that came later with DPL*3*. So... having a hard
> time to see the alleged regression here.
> If you want genres, artists or albums to stick across rescans, you name
> them in your SQLite statement of your custom dynamic playlist which you
> then add to LMS favs. Those favs will always “survive“ rescans (their
> *url* contains no parameters) as long as you don't change the file name
> or extension. Same as in DPL2.
> Maybe it's better if I disable adding dynamic playlists *with* (user
> input) parameters to favs by default in the next update to avoid
> confusion and support problems. Then it will be like DPL2: you can only
> save dynamic playlists *without* user input parameters by default.
> I hope that will make it easier.

My apologies for the slight. It was not deserved. I believe I was able
to save in a favourite folder in Erland's DP playlists customised by
genre,year and possibly trackstat rating(it was not in the main
favourite folder but rather in a separate favourite folder under the
original DP. I still have those old playlists on my system but because I
am no longer using MultiLibrary but rather Library views they will not
work with DPL3 to my knowledge. My knowledge of how to edit the
playlists is limited not by your fine work but my own lack of
understanding of SQL language

Version: 8.3.0 - 1655802730 @ Tue 21 Jun 2022 11:24:25 AM CEST
• Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
• Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
• Perl Version: 5.30.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
• IO::Socket::SSL: 2.067
• Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm
4.1 speakers
One wireless SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
Two SB Radios wireless