SamY wrote:
> Hi, David! It's been awhile since you've posted here. Glad you're still
> finding the plugin useful and thanks for mentioning Squeeze Ctrl as
> another client app that supports the AVR Settings menu, although its
> inability to handle slider controls means that the Channel Level
> Adjustment menu is not available there.
>
> Regarding the ability to control multiple zones from the menu, I know
> that is something you and some others have been interested in for awhile
> and I have given it a lot of thought. The basic problem is that there is
> currently a one-to-one correspondence between an LMS player and a
> particular AVR/Zone combination. On the plus side, this means that you
> can theoretically have a different player assigned to each Zone of an
> AVR. These players can be any combination of hardware-based and
> software-based (e.g. Squeezelite) players. From what I remember about
> your situation, what you are looking for is a "virtual" player for Zone
> 2, creating a one-to-many relationship from player to AVR/Zone, which is
> more complicated than I initially thought. Just to make sure I
> understand the situation correctly, walk me through what you want to be
> able to do, from an end-user standpoint and without regard to technical
> limitations.
>
> As an alternative, have you considered adding an additional player to
> your system, either hardware or software-based? This approach provides
> the most flexibility and ease of use for a multi-zone system, especially
> when using the extensive player synchronization features available in
> LMS. For example, I have two Squeezelite player instances running on my
> RPi, one outputting through HDMI to my AVR under control of the plugin
> and the other through Bluetooth to my patio. I could easily change the
> output of the second (Bluetooth) Squeezelite player to go to a USB DAC
> and then to an analog input of the AVR for use in any Zone I choose.
> Just a thought.

Hi Sam, yes, I have been quiet, getting a bit of travel to warmer places
during winter now that covid has backed off and international travel
restrictions have eased up.

I have a couple of hardware players hooked up to different Denon
receivers. One of them is in an area of the house where an indoor area
has opening doors to the outdoor area. Having said that, I rarely use
the hardware players and generally use software Squeeze CTRL on my
android device. This particular player/receiver combination Zone 1
serves indoor, Zone 2 outdoor. During warmer weather I tend to use Zone
2 (outdoor) mostly and have it set up that way as quick select input and
as such only Zone 2 turns on when I start Squeeze CTRL (unless someone
is watching TV/video/gaming indoors in Zone 1 in which case Zone 1 is
often already on). It would be convenient to be able to switch Zone 1 on
from Squeeze CTRL and then select the SBT input for that zone also from
the Squeeze CTRL app, also being able to turn Zone 2 off if it happens
to be on. Not so concerned with volume control for Zone 1 being separate
from Zone 2 as generally I wouldn't run Z1 & Z2 together, and if I did
they would be playing the same music. Does that make sense or have I
made it sound confusing?

Cheers, David.

*Server*rpi3 pCP8.1.0 LMS8.2.0
*Media*USB hard drive
*Lounge/dining areas*SBT > Denon AVR2113  > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix
Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton
680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
*Family/kitchen*SBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix
C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
*Alfresco*Z2 > Krix Tropix/Klipsch SW
*Others*SB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
*SBT/SB Player Remotes* Squeeze Ctrl/androids