mark-in-seattle wrote:
> Worked and worked without success so far to get my multiple Chromecast
> speakers working again with LMS, but no way to generate a castbridge.xml
> config file on my working LMS v8.3.1 running under QNAP NAS.
>
> The LMS server works with my old Squeezeboxes just fine, music played,
> players seen ...etc.  For many months it also worked quite well with my
> wireless Chromecast speakers.  Then with nothing changed on the server,
> today none of the chromecast speakers are visible to LMS.  The most
> likely explanation is the loss of a proper castbridge.xml config file
> for Chromecast Bridge plugin to inspect.  The Chromecast Bridge log
> throws the dreaded "!!! ERROR LOADING CONFIG FILE !!!!" warning.
>
> There was an existing castbridge.xml file, however in misguided
> troubleshooting, I  hit --> [ERASE], in the Chromecast Bridge "settings"
> GUI interface, then --> [GENERATE] hoping to make my chromecast speakers
> visible by recreating the config file.  Unfortunately, now I have found
> no way to re-generate the castbridge.xml file again at all.
>
> SSH-ing into the QNAP to list the contents of directory
> "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/prefs/"
> shows indeed there is no castbridge.xml file in that directory.  And no
> matter what I've tried I have not been able to re-generate it.  Have
> turned ON/OFF the wireless chromecast speakers in the hope they would
> re-announce their presence, stopped/started LMS and the Chromecast
> Bridge plugin.... nothing has worked.  The wireless speakers behave fine
> and are visible to the awful GoogleHome iOS app, but not the LMS thru
> Chromecast Bridge plugin.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Usually the config file is not very needed for CC devices. Having
devices entries in there does NOT create the device, but it helps
configuring it AFTER it is detected during a search. The only options
that might have an impact are the GLOBAL ones related to network. Do you
have multiple network interfaces o, your NAS? Have you changed something
(anything) in your network configuration?

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3