philippe_44 wrote:
> Yes, the "create" adds entries to the XML file only for devices that
> answer to the broadcast request. This means (to be confirmed by a log)
> that none of your devices answers the "broadcast" request. If you're
> familiar with networking, it works using mDNS service discovery. That
> can be subject to issue with multicast packets that can be filtered out
> by repeaters and routers (IGMP snooping). Can you get a log? You can
> also try the dev version on my other repository where I've updated a few
> things wrt mDNS
>
> Cheers from the southwest corner of Canada, just next to you ;)

Pilippe, thank you for your reply to my latest post and the suggestion
to get a dev version of the plugin and also helping me understand the
device discovery process via mDNS.

Will take a day or so to find time to pull a log file and also get a
copy of your plugin's latest dev version to try, plus a little research
about manually updating LMS plugins.  Sort of remember it involves
unzipping the plugin archive into a specific LMS folder accessed I
assume with the help of an SSH client .... ?   Will give you feedback
regardless.

Great to hear we are both fortunate to reside in the beautiful mountain
and water blessed corner of Canada and America, which some
affectionately referred to as: Cascadia.  My wife and I loved visiting
British Columbia as often as we could pre-covid and now look forward to
future visits.