At the suggestion of Inguz, I have tried importing the impulse response
into a tool called RoomEQWizard, the idea being to view frequency
response curves (both before and after applying the DRC filters), so I
can visualise the frequencies at which my system has problems, and how
well the filter corrects them.

Although, this approach works quite well, REW's display of the impulse
response suggests a *lot* of background noise in my measurements
(though I don't see that in Audacity). Has anyone else given this a go
- is this perhaps an issue with all Inguz generated impulse responses,
or due to my soundcard?

I've posted some screendumps on the REW forum which explains the above
-
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/6294-odd-impulse-response.html.
No resonse there as yet, but as this might be an Inguz issue, I thought
I'd post here as well.

--
mortod