bpa,

I built the files yesterday and at last success :), I now get sound for
AlienBBC.

I'm not 100% sure whether I needed to rebuild in any special way to
produce mplayer-stdout, I just rebuilt as normal to produce a new
mplayer and created a link to that version named mplayer-stdout. Do I
have a need to use the original mplayer, can't see that I do if my
Terastation can't stream to /dev/fd/3?

Many thanks for your assistance. Now you've given me a few pointers as
to which direction I needed to go, I've seen loads of posts in this
forum around this subject with slight variations. Maybe could have
sussed it if I'd got my search criteria right!

Thanks again,

Jed

--
c-ellerby