Doctor:

I'm trying out Moose for the first time, because I'm tired of the 100%
CPU utilization being caused by Softsqueeze.  Thus, I'm using
squeezeslave and the new functionality for it in Moose 0.62.

However, I don't run my slimserver on my windows machine.  It's on its
own Linux server.

I've installed squeezeslave in the moose folder to make integration
easier.  However squeezeslave requires a few parameters to run
properly, that are not being provided by Moose (but could be):

1.  The name of the slimserver
2.  The MAC address of the moose machine's tcpip interface.

What do you think about adding this, so that moose can have an option
to start up squeezeslave automatically, and select it as the default
player, when moose starts up.   If you were to do this, we'd have an
easy, automatically configured alternative to softsqueeze, when using
windows.

Also,

I don't understand the need to build the local moose library using a
file scan or database scan (if the slimserver were local).  Why
couldn't you simply scan using the CLI?  Just populate the library in
the same fashion that you populate the "library tree".  Seems silly to
have to use a UNC path, when all the info is right there from the CLI.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for the great software,

*Bradley

--