Stessull;283935 Wrote:
> Thanks, but I did manage to work through my stupidity and have now
> installed Instant SqueezeCenter on a dedicated machine which I can
> access on my LAN. However my problems are not over as I wish to
> transfer my mp3s to the squeezecenter folder and I am having great
> difficulty doing this. Having searched these forums it seems that
> WinSCP is highly regarded for transfering the files, so I downloaded
> it, however I cannot access the music folder as it says ACCESS DENIED
> INCORRECT PASSWORD. I am using the password that I entered in setup to
> access the folder, but no luck so far. Should I be using a different
> password or am I missing something else, or are there any other options
> for accessing this folder from my Windows XP machine and transfering the
> files. Thanks in anticipation.

Sorry, I probably need to make those instructions more verbose.

You actually entered 2 different passwords during installation.  The
first one was for the Linux root user.  This is the username/password
that you would use for ssh access or anything that uses ssh such as
WinSCP.  This is not the easiest way to transfer files to your music
and playlist folders.

The other password you entered (near the end of installation) was for
the windows share (as a user called squeezecenter).  To transfer files
to your music and playlist folders from windows, browse your windows
network for a share called squeezecenter and login using the username
squeezecenter and the password you selected.  You should then see both
the music and playlist folders.  You can transfer files to them using
drag and drop from Windows Explorer.

--
Fletch