darrenyeats;297637 Wrote:
> Ted, if you haven't seen the thread in the Audiophile forum on RC/EQ
> then check it out. It discusses exactly your questions.
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=46903
>
> Regards, Darren

Darren,
Thanks for the link.  I've read it before.  I've had a lot of
experience with DRC via DEQX (beta tested it), Audyssey, etc (Trinnov
looks promising, especially for multichannel).  It doesn't address my
more basic focused question, which is simply this:  is the Inguz plugin
clean enough to use as a simple-to-medium set of tone controls on a
highly resolving system, or can it be bypassed easy enough if no
"flavoring" is needed (40% of my collection, including most of my
highly regarded redbook sonic masterpieces, be they small venue
acoustic jazz, 50's well-recorded classical or hirez electronica)?

--
ted_b