The path to the settings page is expected to look like that.
SqueezeCentre works out what it's supposed to be (I've no idea why this is
necessary).

Are you deleting the plugin cache file? If not, that's probably why it's not
updating.

James

PS. Is it just me, or is the SqueezeCentre 7.0 plugin management far worse than
in 6.5?!
I've really lost all interest in repeatedly telling people they've installed
the plugin in the wrong place
and have to re-install along with deleting a mysterious 'cache' file in order
to get it working...