PS - if I type "mplayer" in a terminal it says "mplayer not found", so I
guess it's not actually in my $PATH.  There have been previous posts
that refer to mplayer being in /usr/local/bin.  I don't actually have
that directory - only /usr/local/lib, which is where the codecs I
downloaded along with MPlayer are sitting.  not sure if they're doing
anything....

Given that mplayer sits buried in my Applications folder, do I need to
add that location to my $PATH?  It would be
/Applications/MPlayer
OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/

Thanks
J.

--
chesheja