Craig, James \(IT\);308006 Wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> This has been reported a couple of times. There seems to be some
> inconsistency in iTunes when storing accented characters on OSX.
> As I don't have a Mac it isn't for me to do anything about this.
> Patches & suggestions welcome...
>
> James

For me it seems to work just fine to comment out the following line in
the function _searchiTunesMac:

Code:
--------------------
    #OSX iTunes seems to store some accented characters as 2 characters
  #this function should recombine them
  $fileLocation = Slim::Utils::Unicode::recomposeUnicode($fileLocation);

I have tested with the Norwegian letters (æøå).
I suppose it could be more stable call recomposeUnicode for both
$fileLocation and $iTunesLoc instead, but I have to not played with
that.
I run everything on latest OS X 10.5 version, and iTunes 7.7.

--
Hugin