erland;321395 Wrote:
> Those TrackStat stars are provided by iPeng itself and is hard coded to
> TrackStat.
My bad. I just assumed they came from TrackStat since I've never seen
them.
> As a side note, if you are just interested in setting rating in iTunes,
> they will probably be set through these stars if you install the
> TrackStat plugin.
Sounds good, I'll give it a shot.
> It won't work if you like to display the rating from iTunes though,
> because those stars only displays the rating in the SqueezeCenter
> (TrackStat) database.
Deciding on a ratings database makes my head spin. After having read
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_support_for_ratings, and in
particular:
>     * Note that only iTunes on Windows is fully supported by the
> TrackStat integration.
>
> If you are able to use iTunes Update in your configuration I recommend
> you to use it instead of the TrackStat version.
I decided against TrackStat, but perhaps that was premature? I need
some sort of synchronization between iTunes (when I listen to music on
my iPod and want those stats in my database) and SqueezeCenter but I
don't care which is the "main" database.

Perhaps a discussion for another thread...

--
morberg