kenrothman;322608 Wrote:
> yes, i d/l'ed the latest 7.1 last night... so it's bleeding edge.
>
> i've tried various files... both m4a and mp3... i'd have to go back and
> check details... but my m4a's are self-ripped... generally 192k cbr.
> mp3s vary... some vbr some cbr.  nothing is copy protected.
>
> there's no tricks to the usability, right?  it seems i'm doing the
> "right" thing as i'm getting to the QT player page.

Depends. What are you doing? When you are on the "Playback" page, you
are supposed to click on a title (not on the "quicktime" applet at the
top). If you click the "quicktime" applet, it should still work but
play the current track, that is: either the current track from the
playlist or the last one you played. This might not always work
correctly.

But the message you get indicates that quicktime has an issue with the
file itself. This could be due to an incompatible filename or due to
the server not supporting byte range requests, which means the server
has to be Version 7.1 (not 7.0.1) revision 21902 or newer (you can see
the revision under "Extras->SqueezeCenter" settings at the bottom of
the page. Just in case you got to download the wrong version for some
reason.

--
pippin

---