Hi Graham,
first of all thank you very much for the effort you are putting into
this.

I am trying to have dvbserver to work with a dvb-s card.

Things I've tried so far:

I have successfully modified dvbserver(v1) to generate a dvb-s aware
getstream conf file , and have getstream tune to the right transponder.

The problem is that ts2radio or the loop between the two sockets where
ts2radio stands in between is not working for me, looks like there is
no data from the getstream socket (but I know there is because I can
successfully run mplayer http://localhost:9002/dvbs-channel and get the
audio streamed)
For now I have modified dvbserver to return the direct link to
getstream in the .pls file but it is a hack and I get no stream
information.

I also tried dvbserver2, (BTW, had to install also Audio::V4L on ubuntu
8.10) and get about the same behaviour, transponder lock, but no data is
read from the dvb device.

I think it could be a simple matter of setting some filter in a
slightly different way when calling dmx->pes_filter

this is a log of what happens:

Code:
--------------------

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/share/dvbserver2# ./dvbserver.pl -d
  Waiting for connections
  Connection from 10.0.2.182 to 172.30.2.4
  *  Header:GET /DEEJAY.pls HTTP/1.0
  *  Header:Host: 172.30.2.4:9001
  *  Header:User-Agent: MPlayer/2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu17+medibuntu1
  *  Header:Icy-MetaData: 1
  *  Header:Connection: close
  Request for DEEJAY type pls
  Sending PLS
  Closing connection.
  Connection from 10.0.2.182 to 172.30.2.4
  *  Header:GET /DEEJAY.mp2 HTTP/1.0
  *  Header:Host: 172.30.2.4:9001
  *  Header:User-Agent: MPlayer/2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu17+medibuntu1
  *  Header:Icy-MetaData: 1
  *  Header:Connection: close
  Request for DEEJAY type mp2
  Send tuning request
  Frontend got: Tune:DEEJAY;PID:10136;

  Voltage:0
  Tone:0
  Tuning to 11541000  Lock: 3
  Lock: 3
  Tuned!   Lock: 31
  Tuning OK. (Match=0)
  Got USR1
  Sending MP2
  (10136)Setting Up Demux for 3542
  Streaming

  Done.
  Closing connection.
  Connection from 10.0.2.182 to 172.30.2.4
  *  Header:GET /DEEJAY.mp2 HTTP/1.0
  *  Header:Accept: */*
  *  Header:User-Agent: NSPlayer/4.1.0.3856
  *  Header:Host: 172.30.2.4:9001
  *  Header:Pragma: xClientGUID={c77e7400-738a-11d2-9add-0020af0a3278}
  *  Header:Pragma:
no-cache,rate=1.000000,stream-time=0,stream-offset=0:0,request-context=1,max-duration=0
  *  Header:Connection: Close
  Request for DEEJAY type mp2
  Send tuning request
  Frontend got: Tune:DEEJAY;PID:10137;

  Tuning OK. (Match=1)
  Got USR1
  Sending MP2
  (10137)Setting Up Demux for 3542
  Streaming

  Done.
  Closing connection.
  Connection from 10.0.2.182 to 172.30.2.4
  *  Header:GET /DEEJAY.mp2 HTTP/1.0
  *  Header:Host: 172.30.2.4:9001
  *  Header:User-Agent: MPlayer/2:1.0~rc2-0ubuntu17+medibuntu1
  *  Header:Icy-MetaData: 1
  *  Header:Connection: close
  Request for DEEJAY type mp2
  Send tuning request
  Frontend got: Tune:DEEJAY;PID:10138;

  Tuning OK. (Match=1)
  Got USR1
  Sending MP2
  (10138)Setting Up Demux for 3542
  Streaming

  Done.
  Closing connection.

--------------------

The only thing I don't understand in the debug output are the values
between () before the Setting up Demux for APID string, but I guess it
is the unique identifier for the socket that is being streamed ...

I have tried to find some docs or better, some code, for the set_filter
function, I also scanned quicly the getstream source code to look for
different behaviour when tuning dvb-s and t channels, but so far I
haven't found anything.

Will keep you updated though

Regards

Mattia