... and just to remind everyone who's been working with computer since
the 90s and that used to read Jerry Pournelle's colum in Byte
Magazine:
When something doesn't work, check the cables first ....
it damned well wasn't working ... my dvb stream machine is in a
separated network (wired) from the squeezebox (wireless),
while squeezecenter sits in between, so what was happening was that
squeezecenter was able to do the first request,
and then when it handed over the stream information to the squeezebox
the firewall would block the stream ..... dumb me ....
and I only noticed because it was working when I set mp3 streaming to
'Proxied' in the player's audio preferences ..

In short dvbserver2 is working also in a dvb-s setup, and doing a very
good job at it ...

Thanks again

Mattia

--