I have created an album browse menu with CustomBrowse for which I set
"Default album sorting" to "By artist" (inspired by a similar sorting
option for the standard album menu in my new Squeezebox Controller).

When I browse the standard "browse album" menu on the Controller the
albums are correctly sorted by artists which have their own complete
album and the compilations are sorted under artist name "Diverse"
(German for Various which I have set explicitly for all compilation
albums to ALBUMARTIST)

In contrast, when I browse the created CustomBrowse album menu the
compilations are mixed within the "regular" albums. I tried different
settings for the "Roles to include" checkboxes in the CustomBrowse menu
definition page but nothing led to the correct result.

Further, on the Controller, in all browse lists showing albums
(starting e.g. from browse artist or browse albums) there is shown the
album art on the left, the album name right to the album art and
additionally the artist name below the album name. In the menu album
list created with CustomBrowse there is shown the album name right to
the album art and the artist is shown in parantheses after the album
name (for compilations nothing is shown after the album name). It would
be great if on the Controller display the artist name could be displayed
below the album name as it is in the standard album browse menu of the
Controller since with the present display most of the time scrolling is
necessary to see the artist name.

--
dip