Sorry, I didn't intend to talk about another problem.  I was just trying
to share all my observations.

That said, you motivated me to try squeezeplay again today. It seems to
do the transcoding for wma stations just fine. I tried a variety of
stations and so far the only problem getting  stations to play was with
live365.  live365 was all chipmonk music on every station I tried which
you said is a know bug.  Alienbbc worked great.  squeezeplay still
seemed very beta in that I had some oddities occur with the user
interface.  However, it seems much more capable than softsqueeze when
accessing the wma stations.  They worked everytime.

I don't believe squeezeplay worked this well when I tried it a couple
days ago so maybe the new mplayer.sh and custom-convert.conf files had
an affect.  The only other change we made was to set the radio station
timeout to 30.  I set the radio timeout back to 5 seconds and the
stations all still worked fine.  Transcoded stations seem to take a
little longer to connect (several seconds) but 5 seconds was enough for
all of the staions I tried.

I will have to get used to squeezeplay in the near future anyway.  I'm
surprised there is not a client built into the SC web interface such
that you wouldn't have to open a separate application to play music on
a computer. Although,  it is nice to have a client tor times when you
don't need to open a browser and go to SC.

--
eschurig