GoCubs;414650 Wrote:
> Is your data not available via 'SuperDateTime' in the 'Extras' menu on
> your controller?  Currently from there you should be able to see your
> data.
>
> On a typical Squeezebox SDT runs on the server (SqueezeCenter) and SDT
> provides SC with drawn screens every second that are then displayed on
> the Squeezebox.  The Controller works quite differently than a typical
> Squeezebox in that it has its own OS capable of running its own
> applications.  These applications are written in a different
> programming language called Lua.
>
> In the past instead of writing a native Lua applet to display SDT data
> I simply used APIs to add additional 'menu' content to the Controller
> that contains SDT info.  It works in that it makes the data available,
> but it's quite limited by the 'menu' structure.
>
> Ultimately I want to write a native Lua applet that runs on the
> Controller to display SDT info as a screensaver of sorts.  To
> accomplish this I need the normal SDT screensaver running on SC to
> support providing its raw data to external applications.  That's what
> I'm working on now...
>
> Hopefully this makes sense, its somewhat hard to explain to people not
> familiar with what all is going on under the covers.
>
> -Greg
Ooops upon re-reading this and seeing who posted it... I think I
misunderstood :)

I think you're talking about getting data that you've pushed to SDT via
an additional plugin to also display on the controller via 'Extras'.

I had not thought about that specifically.  This will make the data
from them available to an application interfacing with SDT via Cli, but
that wont directly cause it to appear on the Controller.  When I have a
sec I'll look into seeing what I can do to accomplish that.

-Greg

--
GoCubs