Is that something that an overnight Microsoft update might change do you
think?

I've not changed anything in my setup since getting the WHS.  It only
runs Windows Defender, although it did update IE to version 8 the other
day.  There's no AV on the WHS and it's using the WHS OS Firewall
together with uPnP turned on, as is my router.

I just find it really odd that one morning the Alarm works just fine on
Radio 2 and the next day it doesn't :-?

My friend has confirmed that he's using the same radiotime.com url's as
me so it does point to something local in my setup.  Just don't know
what to check.

Do you know the particular post in question that this other user found
the issue to be security s/w?

--
HydeTheDarkerSide

3 x Classics, 1 x Duet