bpa;433423 Wrote:
> Can you give more details on the FM dongle and where you bought it ?

The FM dongle is a Silabs "Reference Implementation" dongle, you can
find more info at 'Silab's' (https://www.silabs.com/usbradio/) website.
I actually bought it with Digikey and paid outrageous fees with UPS or
Fedex shipping - they systematically put the packages through customs
even for 5 euros of tax because it lets them add their own 20 euros
"admin fee" on top of it, easy money...

The radio itself is really simple, it supports operations such as
frequency tuning, seek, mute, audio over USB, and of course RDS
reception. Sound quality is surprisingly good.

Another clone of this dongle is sold by dealxtreme (link on my page), I
have not tried to buy from them yet, but it seems to be real cheap...

Anyway, as I mention on my page, the best solution is to take a look at
the V4L website and try to find any of the dongles supported by the
radio-si470x driver. The stock kernel driver works OK, but radiotext
reception is greatly improved by the patches I sent on the linux-media
mailing-list on Monday/Tuesday...

AFAIK, RadioShark does not support RDS reception, but I had a look at
your plugin, and I wonder if squeezecenter has all the necessary API
hooks to update the song's name in real time like I do with icecast? If
so, it would be really cool to add support for RDS through your plugin
with V4L-supported radios that can do it...

--
elafargue