Aylwin;440037 Wrote:
> Okay, I figured it out.  It's an annoying "feature" that I wasn't aware
> of.
>
> I first installed the plugin via the Extension Downloader.  Then, I
> placed a copy of the newer version in the Plugins folder.  Squeezecenter
> then shows that the version is the latest one and even the setting menu
> is new.
>
> However, there seems to be a conflict between the older and the newer
> versions.  It turns out that the older version (from the Extension
> Downloader) is placed in ../Cache/InstalledPlugins.  After deleting the
> SvrPowerControl folder there, the newer version now seems to work
> properly.
>
> I haven't actually tested the functionality yet but at least the
> setting can now be enabled.  So I'm trusting that the feature works
> too.
>
> I wish the Extension Downloader would include a way to uninstall and
> delete plugins.  Deleting manually isn't so straight forward because I
> had to chown folder recursively before I could delete it.  Also, at
> least place the plugins in an obvious place like the ../Plugins folder.
I think this very problem is being addressed in changes to the 7.4
Extension downloader.  There's nothing to prevent you, as far as I know,
from doing a "manual" install to ./Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins.  If
you've previously installed SrvrPowerCtrl via the Extension Download, it
might be safest to overwrite the ED installed version with the
'snapshot' version if you're kicking the tires.

--
gharris999