gharris999;439805 Wrote:
> I'll look into this, but so far, I'm not seeing this behavior.  Have you
> tried doing a "Reset all settings back to defaults" (Link at the bottom
> of the settings page?) and then trying to get settings changes to
> "stick"?  I think I've seen some instances where this is necessary when
> a new version of SrvrPowerCtrl is installed over an old one.
Yes, I tried it.  I then did all the settings in one go.  Only the
"external" setting remained unchanged (unchecked) after I applied the
changes.

Maybe when I have time I'll try completely removing the plugin and
installing the lastest version directly?

gharris999;439805 Wrote:
> I you don't mind, I'll incorporate your QNAP notes into the readme.
> Thanks.
Sure, no problem! The only detail I left out was that be sure to chmod
the sudoers file to 440.  That's if a copy of 'sudoers-template' is used
because it's 640 by default.  If the sudoers file is created from
scratch using visudo then it's 440 already.

Also, it seems that the shutdown script file can be located anywhere.
But I guess it's easier to just place it in /share/MD0_DATA/SSODS/bin/

By the way, SSOTS (for the QNAP Turbo Stations) is ported from SSODS
(for the Synology Disk Stations) so I'm guessing that these instructions
will also work for the Synology Disk Stations.  Maybe the path to
../SSODS/ is different but everything else should be the same.  Of
course, it would be good if a Synology DS owner would test this and
confirm.

gharris999;439805 Wrote:
> Just curious, but why don't you think suspend or hibernate are
> applicable?  Because they're unneeded, or because there are no commands
> to support those functions on the QNAP?
Yeah, I don't see any options for suspend or hibernate on the QNAP.
You can configure the QNAP to suspend the HDDs after a certain amount of
time and I can see an 'hdsuspend' command which I guess can be used.
But I don't think it's needed if the disks will suspend automatically
anyway.

--
Aylwin