> Would the flvstreamer license preclude it being included as part of an
> extension downloader plug-in? Didn't bpa have faad in one of his before
> it was included with Squeezecenter?

I  don't recall including faad in any plugin - at various times I have
built versions of mplayer / faad for testing to be used with either with
plugins such as AlienBBC, AACplus or SC.

A couple of years ago mplayer could not be included in AlienBBC because
- RealAudio support was provided using RealNetworks libraries which
could only be legally used if the user installed the libraries
themselves and not bundled in with other apps. This changed when mplayer
wrote their own RealAudio codec.
- the mplayer license did not allow re-distribution of mplayer
binaries.

As I see it, the flvstreamer legal considerations include:
- Does flvstreamer infringe any Adobe rights.
- Does flvstreamer meet of the license conditions of Boxee/XMBC who
provide the core library.
- Does the flvstreamer author provide a license so that the binary can
be re-distributed.
- If flvstreamer is included in a plugin - could litigation be brought
against the Plugin author either by Adobe, BBC or others.

There may be a more practical issue for a user to find the right binary
of flvstreamer ready built.

--
bpa