I've put a beta test version of BBCiPlayer which plays the AAC live and
on demand streams in my beta repo.  If you are interested in these
streams please try this out and let me know how you get on.

Add the following link to extension downloader / plugins additional
repos:
http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/testrepo.xml

Then install via the web page.

Please note that you need to ensure that FAAD/FLAC is the only selected
aac decode under settings/advanced/file types.

The one known issue I have is that for live streams, sometimes the
server can cache the stream information which means the stream won't
play.  For the moment return to the BBCiPlayer top level menu and then
navigate to the stream again.

I would be interested in reports of success on windows and mac as most
of my testing has been on linux.

[I gave up waiting for the BBC to make the AAC streams available
direct, so this plugin includes an implementation of the RTMP protocol
for SqueezeCenter.  This may means its possible to stream other radio
over rtmp but I have not looked at this yet...]

--
Triode