garnetgarnet;445445 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a squeezebox duet later on in the week and plan to have the
> reciever connected directly to my computer using an ethernet cable.
>
> My computer has an inbuilt wireless lan / wifi controller if that makes
> any difference.
>
> Will I be able to use the awesome ipeng as I dont have a wireless
> router?

If SqueezeCenter runs on your computer: I believe yes. I'm doing this
quite a bit for testing except for the "connect receiver directly"
part.
You will have to set up a WiFi P2P network on your computer and joing
your iPhone/iTouch to this and you will need to use a crosslink cable to
connect your Receiver to the Computer. And you will probably have to set
IP addresses manually, but I'm not sure about that.

Also, don't ask me about Internet Radio on the receiver.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com