pippin;445356 Wrote:
> There will be a lot of improvements around the use of Custom Browse in
> the next version of iPeng, yet it's not completely set whether this will
> be one of them.
> You will probably NOT be able to swap Albums but for the other menus
> it's at least thinkable.
>
> Oh, now THAT works today.
> Make sure you set the menus for the Controller, not the web interface
> (in the settings, NOT on the controller itself). If you define home menu
> entries for the Controller, they will show up on iPeng's home menu, too.
> In the next version, they will also have icons.
>
> Yes.
> I'm not 100% sure, it may be that you have to set CustomBrowse's menu
> position to be included in "Music Library", in that case it will also
> show up in iPeng's home menu.
> One thing you should take care of: iPeng's home menu may not have more
> than 23 entries! (iPhone limitation).
>

> Of course.
> Touch the Cover Art on NowPlaying and you get an overlay with repeat,
> shuffle (or e.g. love/ban for Last.fm) and the progress bar. If you have
> TrackStat installed, this will also show the rating stars.
>
> You see: most of it is indeed already there :-)

Thanks a lot for your quick answers! I have now tried it out a little
bit more and I am starting to get more comfortable with the iPeng
interface. Well, needless to say, this app is realy nice! And I love the
functionality together with Erlands plugins :) All of my questions above
was possible to fix after some testing. I can put, for example, ratings
in the lower part of the screen. I will not get an icon but for me that
is not such a big deal right now because I get the functionality I need.
I can also confirm that the ratings works just fine. Sometimes you just
have to read the instructions :)

Now I only have 2 more wishes for your future improvements (well, one
is probably for Erland):

1) When playing songs with a specific rating, it takes a long time to
load them into the playlist. I guess this is because the whole playlist
is created before it starts playing. Would have been nice if it started
up playing asap and loaded the rest into the playlist in the background.
Maybe that is not possible. I also think that it is possible to create
rating playlist with another one of Erlands plugins to do things like
"all songs with a rating greater than 4". Would have been nice to have
these options in custom browse.

2) I think I read all your instructions and I couldn't find a way to
save the current playlist. That is probably something that is in the
pipe for future improvements and I just wanted to put in my vote for
that.

Once again, a lovely application! Together with the increased speed of
my new Qnap server and Erlands plugins I can finaly browse my music
collection without any problems and the way I like to. Super!

/Stefan

--
MrPoison